EHS Biokineticist. Hoërskool Ermelo is excited to welcome Reino Muller, the new Biokineticist at the Hoërskool Ermelo gymnasium.
After his school career in Hoërskool Evander, Reino obtained his BA (HMS) Cum Laude in 2012 and in 2013 his BA (HMS) Honours in Biokinetics, both from the University of Pretoria.
Not only did Reino participate in athletics and represent Mpumalanga in both cricket and rugby during high school, but these accomplishments and the joy it brought him, inspired him to pursue a career in biokinetics. He calls it “a choice of passion for sports”. And no wonder, as he still has an active lifestyle where he enjoys functional and resistance training at least four times a week.
Although running around with his adorable children is almost a workout enough, he enjoys spending time with them and his lovely wife, as well as reading, training, fishing, and is keen to take up golfing.
He has a long list of impressive references for his career:
- 2014: Completed his internship at the University of Pretoria’s Institute for Sports Research and HPC, which is now known as SEMLI.
- 2015: Employed as High Performance Biokineticist at the HPC/(SEMLI), University of Pretoria. Along with as temporary lecturer in the fields of Sports Injuries/Exercise Physiology and Lab Practicals.
- 2015: Employed as junior lecturer/Biokineticist at University of Potchefstroom, Potchefstroom Campus, in the field of Sports Injuries, Kinanthropometry as well as Anatomy Practicals.
It was also during this time (2015) that he had three articles published in the
renowned Journal Articles.
- 2016: Employed as Specialist SHE: RFA Biokineticist at Sasol Secunda.
- 2020: Director/Biokineticist of Reino Muller Biokineticist Inc
Reino Muller Biokineticist Inc will both manage the Hoërskool Ermelo gymnasium and operate as a Biokineticist practice where patients will receive treatment within the scope of a Biokineticist.
Although staying relevant with regards to translating research into practice is the biggest challenge of this career according to Reino, his vision and what he looks forward to in the new challenge that lies ahead, underline the fact that staying relevant won’t be a problem for him:
“Reino Muller Biokineticist Inc’s vision is to bring high quality health care to the community and create an inclusive environment for holistic healing and growth.
I look forward to inspire through movement and exercise using my passion for my field to help the public of Ermelo and surrounds. I will also assist Erries to reach their sporting goals through scientifically prescribed exercise programming, which will not only reduce injury rates but also improve individual and team performance.”
This is indeed a great vision and the Erries are excited to be part of such a prospect.
EHS welcomes you, Reino. We wish you all the best for the future endeavours. May your experience with Hoërskool Ermelo be one of warmth and success.
More school news: https://schoolsthatrock.co.za