Head Girl 2024. Like previous years, Schools That Rock interviewed Head Leaders of High Schools in South Africa. Our candidate today is Sphe Mabona Head Girl 2024 from Curro St Dominics in Newcastle KwaZulu Natal.
Sphe, tell us more about yourself and your leadership.
- My name is Siphephelo Mabona but everyone knows me as Sphe. I have a variety of interests and hobbies. Whether it is my passion for hockey, making music here and there and standing in front of the spotlight when I perform plays. As the Head Girl 2024, I strive to help and guide those along side me by trying my utmost best to set an example and inspire people to also reach their full potential.
What are your personal goals for this year?
- For this year my goals are based around pushing myself to be the best version of myself in all aspects. Furthermore to achieve the best marks I possibly can get.
Tell us what are your goals are for Curro St Dominics during your term of service?
- My goal for 2024 is to improve Curro St Dominics in all its aspect and motivate others to work hard and reach for the stars. I would like to be a role model and inspire others to be the best version of themselves. If I can make a difference in at least one person’s life this year I would know that I have done something right.
What were the biggest challenges you experienced as a learner of your school?
- My biggest challenge in school has been balancing out my interests and my academics. I have a lot of passion for a lot of different things and I have had to find a way to perfectly balance all of them. It is something I have been working on and have yet to master. When you think about it, my biggest problem happens to be a wonderful thing about my school in that I have the opportunity to participate in many things and excel.
What stands out most to you at Curro St Dominics?
- What stands out most to me about my school is definitely the commitment to excellence no matter what. I and many others am a living testament to this.
Sphe, who do you look up to for inspiration or mentorship?
- For mentorship and inspiration I look up to my mom. All that I am is because of her.
How would your friends describe you?
- My friends would say I have a great sense of humour and I also talk quite a lot.
What motivates you to achieve your goals?
- What motivates me to reach my goals is the desire to make the people who have supported and believed in me, like my family, friends, and teachers, proud of my accomplishments. Their belief in me fuels my determination and grounds me.
Why would you advise learners to also become part of Curro St Dominics?
- I’d advise other learners to join our school as it has moulded me and allowed me to unlock my full potential, with a wide support group from our loving teachers and many different outlets for students to express themselves with a warm atmosphere to support them.
Who is your favourite teacher and why?
- My favorite teachers are Mr and Mrs Dhewllal. They technically count as one. They are the most amazing human beings I’ve ever come across and they have always believed in me even when I didn’t believe in myself and had no clue why they still believed in me.
Sphe, what are your future goals?
- My future goals are to continue doing well academically and in all things I am passionate about. And also to one day work at a law firm that suits me and be financially stable enough to travel the world on my own. I want to continue to live according to God’s will because He knows the plans He has for my life.
More school news: https://schoolsthatrock.co.za