Bachelor of Business Administration
SAQA ID 99380; NQF Level 7; 360 Credits; Accredited by the Council on Higher Education
Purpose of the Qualification:
Well managed and administered organisations are vital to the economic wellbeing and growth of our country. Whereas, weak management and poor administration coupled with non-compliance with legislation could result in sustainability issues for the entities themselves and negatively affect the financial wellbeing of citizens and businesses across the country.
This qualification will give graduates the specialised knowledge and skills to effectively manage and administer an organisation, in the public, private or non-profit sector.
The qualification offers a logical progression in learning by introducing students to the basic management and administration concepts, theories and fundamental knowledge in the first year, which enables them to master the more complex skills of analysing, interpreting and applying the principles, practices and theories of management and administration in the second and third years.
Ultimately, this qualification will give graduates the specialised knowledge and skills to effectively, manage and administer a department, division or organisation.
Who should apply:
This course is aimed at people who are employed or aspire to be employed and wish to acquire a degree in this field to pursue a management career.
The Chartall advantage:
Chartall Business College is an innovative and modern provider of post school education and training. We use multiple modes of training delivery to enhance our course offering.
Benefits to the student:
The unique design of the Chartall Business College BBA qualification ensures that:
- Students are introduced to the latest developments, theories and practices in the field of study.
- The strong work integrated learning focus, further advantages students.
- Chartall Business College’s innovative and flexible teaching and learning methods, as well as its extensive integrated student support system, focus on ensuring high levels of student success.
- Chartall Business College has incorporated latest teaching methods and techniques used by tertiary education institutions around the world.
- The knowledge, skills and cognitive abilities demanded by businesses of administrators and managers have been incorporated into the learning content and outcomes of the qualification.
Benefits to the employer:
The design of the Chartall Business College BBA has a very strong work place focus and employers will see the impact of this as the student progresses through the qualification. The compulsory research project must address a recognised significant workplace challenge. The student will be required to undertake a rigorous research study on this challenge and propose solution that can make a real contribution to business improvement.
Access to the BBA qualification will be given to applicants who hold a valid South African school leaving certificate which includes a pass in English at 60% or persons that can provide valid [as recognised by SAQA] equivalent qualification.
Exceptional applications from students who do not meet the above requirement will be admitted at the discretion of the College Council.
Applicants need to either be employed, or produce evidence that they will be able to gain access to a workplace so that that they will be able to complete the workplace based learning and related assessments.
Assessment will be undertaken per module and will include successful completion of module assignments and the module exam. The research module requires the successful completion of a work related dissertation.
Certification and Graduation:
Students who successfully complete all the required modules will be officially conferred with the Bachelor of Business Administration at a duly arranged graduation ceremony.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a prevalent qualification offered in most tertiary institutions worldwide. This BBA has been benchmarked with similar BBAs offered in other countries. This BBA design is aligned to these BBAs in that it also comprises a wide range of subjects/modules, with many having a specific administration and management focus which determine a large component of the qualification.
Students who have completed courses/modules in other programmes that are related directly to those in this qualification will be given credit for such learning through an RPL assessment at the discretion of the College Council.
This qualification articulates systemically with cognate Bachelor Honours degrees and Post Graduate Diplomas at NQF Level 8. It also articulates horizontally with cognate Advanced Diplomas at NQF Level 7.
Year one modules: 12 Credits per module all compulsory
- Communication for business
- Principles of marketing
- Principles of management
- Principles and practices in human resources management
- Financial accounting
- Emotional intelligence
- Principles and practices of innovation
- Business process management 1
- Project management
- Administration and management of IT
Year two modules: 12 Credits per module all compulsory
- Ethics and compliance
- Management and cost accounting
- Organisational psychology
- Business process management 2
- Enterprise resource planning
- Operational risk management
- Commercial law
- Management and administration of social networks
- Research methodology and statistics
Year three modules: Compulsory components
- Research module – work related project: 48 credits
Year three elective module options: minimum of 60 credits required
- Coaching for good health behaviors: 24 credits
- Commercial property administration: 12 credits
- Credit risk and capital management: 24 credits
- Environmental health: 12 credits
- Facilities management and administration: 24 credits
- Financial services legislation: 12 credits
- Human resources provisioning: 24 credits
- Management of disability in the workplace: 24 credits
- Marketing channels and sales: 12 credits
- Occupational health and hygiene module: 12 credits
- Principles and practice of employee wellness: 24 credits
- Principles of property legislation: 12 credits
- Product portfolio management and administration: 24 credits
- Property mathematics and finance: 24 credits
- Property valuations: 24 credits
- Residential property administration: 12 credits
- Retail banking 24 credits
- Retail financial services: 24 credits
- Small business management: 24 credits
Duration and Academic Cycles:
This qualification can be completed in 3 years; however, allowance is made for a modular approach to enable the student to take a maximum of 5 years to complete the qualification.
Chartall Business College has two academic cycles per calendar year. Student can register for modules in either cycle.
Chartall Business College (Pty) Ltd, Chartall Campus, Corner Cedar Road and Cedar Boulevard, Broadacres, Johannesburg, 2191.
Tel: 087 701 4663, BBA@chartall.co.za, www.chartall.co.za