Schools That Rock (Pty) Ltd was established in February 2015 and has developed a website promoting various school-activities.
Since the launch of the website, it has established itself as a very popular communication medium for schools to share their news with the outside world. Recently only schools in the Free State and Northern Cape were covered, but we are currently expanding the business to all nine provinces in South Africa. We now have seventeen websites covering schools in South Africa. The different websites are Western Cape, Cape Town; Western Cape Paarl; West Coast; Western Cape, Knysna; Eastern Cape Port Elizabeth; Eastern Cape East London; KwaZulu Natal; Free State; Northern Cape; North West Province; Gauteng East Rand; Gauteng Midrand; Gauteng West Rand; Gauteng Heidelberg; Gauteng Pretoria; Mpumalanga and Limpopo.
SCHOOLS THAT ROCK INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING CITIES/ TOWNS:
- Western Cape, Cape Town: Cape Town, Milnerton, Bellville, Hout Bay, Kommetjie, Simon’s Town and Strand.
- Western Cape Paarl: Paarl, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Wellington, Worcester, Rawsonville, Montagu, Robertson, Greyton, Somerset West, Kleinmond, Caledon, Hermanus, Gansbaai, Struisbaai and Bredasdorp.
- West Coast: Malmesbury, Riebeeck-Wes, Wolseley, Ceres, Tulbach, Moorreesburg, Yzerfontein, Langebaan, Saldanha, Vredenburg, Velddrift, St Helena Bay, Elands bay, Lamberts Bay, Clanwilliam and Van Rhynsdorp.
- Western Cape Knysna: Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, George, Wildernis, Mossel Bay, Hartenbos, Swellendam, Heidelberg, Riversdale, Stilbaai, Ladismith, Albertinia and Oudshoorn.
- Eastern Cape Port Elizabeth: Port Elizabeth, Jeffrey’s Bay, St Francis bay, Oyster bay, Colchester, Addo, Patterson and Graaff Reinet.
- Eastern Cape East London: east London, Kenton-on-Sea, Port Alfred, Salem, Grahamstown, Stutterheim, Hogsback, Port St Johns, Queenstown, Aliwal North and Cradock.
- KwaZulu Natal: Durban, Margate, Richards bay, Pietermaritzburg, Ladysmith, Vryheid and Estcourt.
- Free State: Bloemfontein, Jacobsdal, Ladybrand, Kroonstad, Bethlehem, Harrismith, Bothaville, Welkom, Odendaalsrus, Hennenman, Parys and Sasolburg.
- Northern Cape: Kimberley, Upington, Kuruman, Kathu, Keimoes, Springbok and De Aar.
- North West Province: Klerksdorp, Potchefstroom, Sweizer Reneke, Wolmaransstad, Vryburg, Lichtenburg, Mafikeng, Rustenburg, Brits and Zeerust.
- Gauteng East Rand: Bedfordview, Edenvale, Benoni, Boksburg, Springs, Kemptonpark and Alberton.
- Gauteng Midrand: Midrand, Sandton, Randburg and Johannesburg.
- Gauteng West Rand: Krugerdorp, Roodepoort, Carltonville and Magaliesburg.
- Gauteng Heidelburg: Heidelburh, Vereeniging and Vanderbijlpark.
- Gauteng Pretoria: Pretoria, Centurion, Cullinan and Bronkhorstspruit.
- Mpumalanga: Witbank, Middelburg, Secunda, Standerton, Groblersdal, Belfast, Ermelo, Nelspruit, Sabie and Malelane.
- Limpopo Province: Lephalele, Vaalwater, Thabazimbi, Modimolle, Bela-Bela, Polokwane, Tzaneen, Phalaborwa and Hoedspruit.
As the only website of its’ kind in South Africa, www.schoolsthatrock.co.za has, in its short period of existence, delivered great results for the participating schools and advertisers while at the same time establishing itself in the hearts and minds of the learners, teachers, parents and their families.
Visitors to the website are growing daily. Topics covered are sport, academy, culture, career planning, etc. Several tertiary institutions have joined to assist learners with career planning.
Although Schools That Rock is a young company, we are looking forward to a very bright future in serving the schools and learners of South Africa.